Trusted Calgary Electrical Services Led by a Certified Master Electrician
Kilts & cables has 25 years of experience in commercial & residential service, inspection & installation
Kilts & Cables Limited is a small family run company servicing Calgary and the surrounding areas of Priddis, Okotoks, Bragg Creek, Chestermere, Airdrie, and Cochrane. Our company has a Certified Master Electrician along with journeymen and apprentice electricians on staff. Our employees attend regular training sessions to stay up-to-date on changes to the Canadian Electrical Code, and also attend ACSA safety training courses.
Reasons to engage our services:
- We will carefully plan your project requirements and assess safety hazards before we start any project
- We provide free quotes and consultation to assist you with the scheduling and budgeting for your project
- You don’t need to worry about permits; Kilts & Cables will take care of that process
- We coordinate with other trades so your project flows smoothly to completion
- Your project work is always compliant to the Canadian Electrical Code and Alberta Building Code
- All work is covered by a minimum one-year warranty on parts and labour
- Our business is protected by WCB and general liability insurance so there’s no risk to you
- All our technicians have completed Police Information Checks to guarantee your safety
About Our Certified Master Electrician
David McAleer has been in the electrical trade since 1991. He began his career as an apprentice and worked his way up to journeyman, foreman and project manager. In 2003 David became an electrical inspector, completing electrical safety testing and inspections in many civic buildings in Scotland including hospitals and university campuses.
Upon arrival to Calgary in 2007, David began his Canadian employment with Unitech Electrical Contracting Inc. installing a fire alarm system in the Richmond Road Treatment and Diagnostic Centre — better known as the old children’s hospital — as foreman. He was then the project manager for the RCMP fire alarm upgrades, Holy Cross Alberta Cancer Board Data Centre, University of Calgary Geological Survey Building Motor Control Centre upgrades, 7th Ave LRT extension, and he oversaw the upgrade project for the fire alarm system at the Calgary Remand Centre. Since then, David has done electrical inspections, fire alarm verifications, and electrical contract administration during his employment with engineers Mulvey + Banani International (Alberta) Inc.
In 2013 David received his Master Electrician Certification and now works with his technicians to assist both residential and commercial markets. In addition to new and renovation based electrical work, the Kilts & Cables team performs specialized electrical services such as electrical safety inspections and fire alarm testing. They provide consultation, will assist with scheduling and budgeting for your projects, provide Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) permits, and coordinate other trades needed to manage your project to successful completion.
With 25 years of electrical experience, the company consists of a Certified Master Electrician, journeyman electricians, and apprentices. All work is covered by a minimum one-year warranty on parts and labour.